Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Three Republican justices or former justices on the Alabama Supreme Court endorse Democrat Robert Vance to be the next Chief Justice of Alabama, over disgraced former Chief Justice Roy Moore.
- Go read Andrew Cohen on the top ten legal stories to watch on election night.
- In a sad new chapter in the story of an Illinois judge who was rebuked by a higher court for her anti-gay rulings in 1999, it turns out that the judge is probably mentally unstable.
- Both marijuana legalization and marriage equality appear likely to prevail in Washington state on Tuesday.
- And, finally, the right-wing group Judicial Watch is very, very upset that a federal judge cited Jay-Z in footnote to an 84 page judicial opinion — so upset they use the word “gangsta” three times. The song cited by the judge, “99 Problems,” actually appears to be a somewhat imperfect primer on the Fourth Amendment.