"Justiceline: November 9, 2012"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- President Obama’s reelection is a windfall for the guns industry.
- Matt Yglesias explains how the roots of Mitt Romney’s crushing defeat among Latino voters can be found in the right’s racialized opposition to Justice Sonia Sotomayor.
- A mining company claims the Constitution protects its ability to use copious amounts of sulfuric acid.
- Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli’s (R) property rights amendment, which passed Tuesday, threatens expansion of the DC metro and may provide a windfall to Starbucks.
- And, finally, two right-wing voters try to “test” the system to figure out if people who commit voter fraud will be caught. The system works. Both voters are now under arrest.