Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- President Obama does not have a white voter problem. He has a southern white voter problem. The President won won about 46 percent of white voters outside the South and only 27 percent of the white vote in the South.
- The conservative National Review, which spent much of the last year publishing racist authors and only sometimes firing them, finally found a position that’s too far to the right even for them. They’re against secession. Welcome to the second half of the 19th Century, National Review.
- The Supreme Court will not consider whether prosecutors can be required to pay victims of “vexatious, frivolous or . . . bad faith” prosecutions.
- Justice Scalia offers an uncharacteristically insightful critique of the Constitution — it’s too hard to amend.
- A Virginia man cleared of sexual assault remains in prison because Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (R-VA) is blocking his release.