- An Illinois judge sentenced a 73-year-old man in what was believed to be the oldest unsolved murder in the nation to result in an arrest for the kidnapping and murder of a 7-year-old 55 years ago.
- The U.S. Supreme Court rejected the “mazelike” process for appealing a federal worker’s discrimination claim Monday, holding that she could appeal directly to a federal district court.
- A federal court began hearing arguments this week in a legal challenge to the filibuster.
- This Sunday’s 60 Minutes explored the epidemic of false confessions in Chicago.
- The Senate is close to completing an exhaustive report on the CIA’s detention and interrogation of terror suspects, but the document may never be declassified.