"Justiceline: December 14, 2012"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Justice Elena Kagan cites her dissents in a campaign finance case and a case involving government subsidies for religion as two dissents that she hopes someday will become majority opinions.
- The Florida Supreme Court holds that drivers have a First Amendment right to blast their music.
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit manages to hand down two conflicting opinions on the same day.
- California State Sen. Mark DeSaulnier (D) wants a review of his state Constitution to figure out ways to change it.
- The federal court system will lose 8.2 percent of its budget if Congress does not disarm the austerity bomb set to go off at the beginning of this month.