"Justiceline: December 17, 2012"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- A march is scheduled in Washington, DC tomorrow to protest the National Rifle Association. Marchers will gather at noon near the Capitol South Metro station.
- Meanwhile, the Onion sums up the awful state of American lawmaking about as well as anyone can — “‘Right To Live Life In Complete, Stunned Horror,’ Added To Constitution“
- The Obama Administration withdraws an appeal to a decision holding that it cannot unilaterally set the ground rules for interactions between Guantanamo detainees and their attorneys.
- Half a year after the Affordable Care Act was largely upheld by the Supreme Court, dozens of sore loser lawsuits abound in the lower courts.
- The DC Circuit appears likely, if not certain, to put off a challenge to the Obama Administration’s contraceptive access rules until after the administration finalizes planned revisions to those rules.