Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- An eleven-judge panel of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit will rehear the question of whether a getaway driver who did not participate in a double murder perpetrated by his accomplices can be sentenced to die.
- The Louisiana Supreme Court will review a lower court decision striking down that state’s school voucher program.
- The United States Supreme Court will hear the “Baby Veronica” adoption case, which concerns whether federal Indian law requires a child who was put up for adoption without the child’s Native American father’s knowledge to be returned to the father.
- Chief Justice Roberts will reprise his role from four years ago swearing in President Obama. Vice President Biden chose Justice Sotomayor to swear him in for his second term as vice president
- And, finally, Tea Party Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (R-VA) has attracted a protest group called “Cooch Watch.”