"Justiceline, January 13, 2013"
- The National Rifle Association plans a national ad campaign to thwart efforts to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazine clips
- Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (R) advises birth control opponents to “go to jail” in order to protest the Obama Administration’s efforts to ensure all working women have access to contraception. Meanwhile, Cuccinelli plans to spend the next year seeking higher office, rather than behind prison bars.
- Conservative Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) suggests he is open to a new law restricting the size of gun magazines.
- The White House reminds strident gun rights supporters that there is an amendment to the Constitution that comes before the Second Amendment.
- And, finally, when Justice Alito was a nominee for the Supreme Court, it was revealed that he belonged to an organization that opposed co-education and diversity on Princeton’s campus. In her new book, Latina Princeton alumna Justice Sotomayor tells what it was like to be on the receiving end of such an organization.