"Justiceline: January 23, 2013"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) delayed a vote on filibuster reform in the hopes of negotiating a bipartisan deal to reform the chamber’s broken rules.
- A second Texas lawmaker introduces a second unconstitutional Texas bill to nullify federal gun laws.
- Best Western, Ramada, Days Inn, Super 8, Travelodge and Howard Johnson all give discounts to NRA members. Supporters of gun safety are trying to change that.
- The Supreme Court held that hospitals cannot reopen Medicare reimbursement claims that are more than a quarter century old.
- And, finally, everything about Justice Sotomayor’s appearance on the Daily Show was awesome: