Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- As Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley (D) moves forward with his effort to repeal the death penalty in that state, a new poll of Marylanders finds that two-thirds believe life without parole is an acceptable alternative to the death penalty.
- Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (R) tries to wrap his opposition to the Obama Administrations’ policies expanding access to birth control in the mantle of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The Catholic school Justice Sonia Sotomayor attended as a child is being closed down.
- Birther queen Orly Taitz claims she has the authority to have President Obama arrested in Connecticut. Good luck with that one, Orly.
- And, finally, Justice Bridget Mary McCormack, who brought us the most awesome campaign ad in human history, was sworn in as a Michigan Supreme Court justice. Watch her ad here: