"Justiceline: February 4, 2013"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Congratulations to Chief Justice Bernette Johnson, who was sworn in Friday as Louisiana’s first African-American chief justice.
- Meanwhile, voter ID legislation, which disproportionately disenfranchises minority voters, is advancing in Virginia and Ohio.
- Justice Sonia Sotomayor’s book “My Beloved World” debuts at the top of the New York Times bestseller list for non-fiction.
- A lawsuit against an F.B.I. agent accusing him of failing to properly investigate crimes against Native Americans on the Crow Indian Reservation in Montana may move forward.
- And, finally, if you are looking for the derpiest, most thin-skinned attack on the Department of Justice published in the last week, here you go.