"Justiceline: February 8, 2013"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Last June the Supreme Court struck down the Stolen Valor Act, which prohibited people from falsely claiming that they won certain military honors. Rep. Joe Heck (R-NV) now wants to revive as much of this law as he can.
- Washington Republicans want to put an anti-tax amendment into that state’s constitution similar to the one that blew a hole in California’s budget.
- House Democrats plan to offer their own gun safety bill.
- A Mississippi House committee chair killed an unconstitutional nullification proposal.
- An Arkansas senate panel advances a bill to reinstate the death penalty in that state after it was struck down by the state supreme court.