Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Six justices, Chief Justice Roberts and Justices Kennedy, Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor and Kagan attended the State of the Union last night. Justices Scalia, Thomas & Alito were absent. Our condolences to Justice Alito, who was likely unable to attend the speech because he was mourning the death of his mother.
- Several labor unions filed a lawsuit claiming that Michigan’s so-called “right to work” law is unconstitutional.
- Reuters reports that “[a] member of Oklahoma’s House of Representatives has asked the state’s attorney general for legal guidance on whether the state legislature can block the Affordable Care Act and other federal laws it considers unconstitutional.” Allow us to save the attorney general some time: no.
- The National Rifle Association scrubbed its much-maligned enemies list from its website.
- And, finally, Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli’s (R) anti-Medicare, anti-Social Security book is being highly publicized — by Virginia Democrats.