Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- The Supreme Court appeals likely to side with biotechnology giant Monsanto in a case concerning whether the company’s patents prevent farmers from breeding new seeds from seeds purchased from Monsanto.
- The Justices also sided with a man who was detained by police a mile away from his home while they conducted a search of his appartment.
- The Pennsylvania Supreme Court held people do not have a right to privacy in their own home addresses.
- A Kansas Senate committee gave the thumbs up to a state constitutional amendment designed to strip courts of their power to enforce the state constitution’s funding safeguards for public education.
- And, finally, Donald Trump appears to have entered the frivolous litigation phase of his career.