Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- National Rifle Association President David Keene sums up the list of weapons he supports banning in three words — “fully automatic weapons.” From the NRA, that’s what counts as a concession.
- The Supreme Court appears likely to uphold a phenomenally silly law limiting non-Virginians’ access to Virginia public records.
- The NCAA sues Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett (R) over a law seeking to force the group to direct $60 million in fines against Penn State exclusively towards Pennsylvania organizations.
- A New Mexico state judge deemed a police shooting of an Iraq War veteran to be unconstitutional.
- And, finally, it turns out that the fastest way to make someone afraid of TV cameras is to appoint them to the Supreme Court.