"Justiceline: March 1, 2013"
- The Alaska House passed unconstitutional legislation earlier this week attempting to make it a felony for federal officials to enforce gun safety laws.
- Meanwhile, similar legislation stalled out in a state senate committee in Tennessee.
- The Mississippi senate approved $695,000 in expenses to defend the state’s efforts to disenfranchise voters through a voter ID law.
- An Arkansas house panel delayed a vote on a similar voter suppression law in that state.
- And, finally, maybe the same day that Justice Scalia called the Voting Rights Act a “perpetuation of racial entitlement” wasn’t the best timing for an op-ed called “Why liberals should love Justice Scalia.”