"Justiceline: March 25, 2013"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Caitlin Halligan, President Obama’s first nominee to the second-highest court in the country, asked the President to withdraw her nomination in the wake of a Senate Republican filibuster against her. Her opponents were barely even able to articulate a reason to oppose her, but that hardly matters in Mitch McConnell’s Senate.
- Shame on Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper (D) for hinting that he could veto a bill to repeal the death penalty in his state.
- The public line to attend oral arguments in the first of the two marriage equality cases began to form last week, and it includes quite a few paid line standers.
- The ACLU challenges Nevada’s refusal to provide a way for medical marijuana patients to obtain the drug without growing it themselves.
- And, finally, you lost your crusade against Obamacare, Ken Cuccinelli. Give it up.