Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Someone stole Chief Justice Roberts’ credit card numbers, likely ensuring that he will treat victims of credit fraud with the same empathy he already shows to rich, straight, white men.
- Apparently, it only takes a simple majority vote to overrule Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe’s veto of a voter suppression bill — raising the question of why Arkansas even bothers to give its governor a veto power in the first place.
- New York City officially appeals a trial judge’s decision striking down the city’s ban on large sugary drinks.
- The Pennsylvania Supreme Court will consider whether to strike down the state’s mandatory retirement age for judges.
- And, finally, being an Associate in a law firm is the unhappiest job in the world, according to a survey published in Forbes.