Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Jonathan Bernstein adds his contribution to the Justice-Ginsburg-must-retire-before-Republicans-can-regain-the-Senate genre of commentary.
- A pair of North Carolina lawmakers want to make it harder to get a divorce. One of their idea appears to be punishing separated couples who engage in “isolated incidents of sexual intercourse.”
- Apparently, the best way to catch Gov. Rick Scott’s (R-FL) eye if you want to be a Florida judge is to talk up how close you are with Justice Clarence Thomas.
- Pennsylvania allows its judges to also earn big money serving on corporate boards. What could possibly go wrong?
- And, finally, here’s a flashback to an April Fool’s Day day post that I wrote four years ago — “The FOX Broadcasting Company has announced that it will add ‘Who Wants to Clerk for a Supreme Court Justice?‘ to its lineup this fall.” I promise you that everything else I write today will be the honest truth.