Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- The recently-passed Maryland law repealing the death penalty does not apply retroactively to five inmates still on death row, meaning that it is now up to Gov. Martin O’Malley to commute these sentences to life without parole.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice David Prosser, who allegedly placed his hands around the neck of a fellow justice, claims that reports of tensions on his court are overblown.
- Contrary to what conservative U.S. Supreme Court justices may tell you, there isn’t any meaningful disagreement among scholars with the idea that the children of gay parents do just fine.
- North Dakota appears poised to become the next state to enact an increasingly common voter suppression law.
- Minnesota prosecutors will appeal a decision saying it is unconstitutional to ban “advising” or “encouraging” someone to commit suicide.