– DELAWARE: The Senate Administration and Elections Committee approved the bill and it now moves to the Senate floor for consideration. “The bill restricts civil unions in Delaware to same-sex couples, keeping marriage under state law limited to opposite-sex couples.”
– ARKANSAS: The Arkansas legislature has passed an anti-bullying law that enumerates the attributes of sexual orientation and gender identity (PDF). Meanwhile, the Arkansas Supreme Court recently heard arguments in the challenge against the ban on same-sex adoption voted into effect in 2008.
– COLORADO: Hearings begin tomorrow in the House for the civil unions bill that passed in the Senate last week.
– INDIANA: A constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage has passed both houses. It will need to be passed again in 2013-2014 to complete the amendment process.
– MARYLAND: A bill that would prohibit discrimination based on gender identity has hit a snag in the Senate that may lead to the bill’s death in a committee “graveyard.”
– MONTANA: Efforts to repeal the state’s anti-sodomy laws are struggling despite having been ruled unconstitutional 14 years ago.
– NORTH CAROLINA: A constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage has been introduced and is currently in committee.
For a complete overview of the latest developments in the marriage battleground states of Rhode Island, Maryland, New York, California, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Wyoming, Iowa, and New Mexico, click here.