Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s 8:45 AM round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out too.
– Media Matters points out that FoxNews.com again spun a story as anti-gay, writing that “Cambridge, MA set to Pay Gay Employees More Than Straight.”
– A new study from Queen Mary, University of London, concludes that sexual orientation and “gender conformity” in women are both genetic traits.
– The Houston Clergy Council has condemned Gov. Rick Perry’s (R) prayer and fasting rally for its association with the anti-LGBT American Family Association.
– Adoption lawyers in agencies in New York are predicting that the legalization of same-sex marriage there will lead to a baby boom of adoptions.
– The case of Lawrence King’s murder by classmate Brandon McInerney continues this week. On Friday, teacher Dawn Boldrin testified that she helped King explore his feminine identity by offering him makeup tips. Yesterday, assistant principal Joy Epstein added that the school district recognized King’s right to dress in female attire in accordance with the school dress code.
– Lambda Legal has appealed a same-sex couple’s case in Louisiana for an accurate birth certificate for their adopted son to the Supreme Court.