Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s 8:45 AM round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out too.
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) has indicated she will co-sponsor the Respect for Marriage Act, which would repeal the Defense of Marriage Act. She was the only Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee who had not yet offered her support.
- Over 150 supporters of a human rights ordinance marched to City Hall in Holland, MI to protest the City Council’s rejection of the measure.
- Transportation security managers at Los Angeles International Airport are undergoing mandatory sensitivity training regarding transgender individuals. John Aravosis points out the problems with an unclear policy on same-sex pat downs.
- In attempt to further excuse the point-blank classroom murder of Lawrence King, Brandon McInerney’s lawyers are now making the case that McInerney was abused at home and that, combined with “gay panic,” is what led him to shoot his classmate in the back of the head.
- The ACLU has appealed a previously-dismissed lawsuit on behalf of six same-sex couples wishing to marry in Montana.
- This week’s cartoon from the Dallas Voice is a friendly reminder of a certain Republican candidate’s Google problem: