Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s 8:45 AM round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out too. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Reps. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Jim McDermott (D-WA), and Trent Franks (R-AZ) have launched the Congressional HIV/AIDS Caucus, which so far has 59 members.
- Equality Works has begun collecting signatures for its One Anchorage Campaign, an effort to add non-discrimination protections for the city of Anchorage on the next ballot.
- Speaking to law students in San Francisco yesterday, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said, “We should not be stopped from pursuing whatever talent God has given us simply because we are of a certain race, a certain religion, a certain national origin, a certain gender or gender preference.”
- Jurors from the trial of Brandon McInerney (which was declared a mistrial after a hung jury) are speaking out about the challenges of their deliberations.
- Today’s editorial cartoon from the Dallas Voice take the “gay panic” defense to a new level: