Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s 8:45 AM round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out too. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– The New York Times believes the Prop 8 trial tapes should be released.
– The Campaign for Southern Equality has launched a 2-week-long “We Do” campaign, in which same-sex couples request marriage licenses across North Carolina.
– The Minnesota Independent’s Andy Birkey tracks the history of the Minnesota Family Council, an organization that used to call for the criminalization of homosexuality before it started pushing for a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage.
– Anoka-Hennepin School District is trying to crack down on anti-gay bullying with its “Know NO! Know” campaign, but staff and faculty are still prohibited from discussing sexual orientation under the district’s “neutrality policy.”
– Why is CNN offering the president of the anti-gay Focus on the Family a platform for the organization’s self-victimizing rhetoric?
– At least CNN also offered a debunk of an ex-gay study.
– Maricopa Community College District, which includes 10 colleges in Arizona, has added gender identity to its anti-discrimination policy.
– Since the end of Florida’s ban on same-sex adoption a year ago, over a hundred same-sex couples have begun pursuing adoption cases.
– In an exclusive interview with the Huffington Post, Lady Gaga discussed her altero ego Jo Calderone and exploring transgender identities.
– A closeted gay NCAA Division 1 football player spent yesterday answering questions on Reddit.
– Openly gay San Francisco mayoral candidate Bevan Dufty has a sweet new campaign ad featuring his daughter. Watch it: