Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s 8:45 AM round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out too. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Karen Ocamb has an in-depth look at the role the LGBT community is playing in the 99 Percent Movement and how it is being affected in turn (including many photos from Occupy LA).
- A gay man in Reno, TX describes the brutal hate crime he suffered Sunday morning.
- The online magazine 10,000 Couples says Fred Karger is someone you MUST know.
- Another gay rights pioneer, Advocate co-founder Aristide “A.J.” Laurent, has passed away at the age of 70.
- The National Parks Service will be adding the home and office of Frank Kameny to the Register of Historic Places.
- The American Family Association’s Bryan Fischer is actually opposing the repeal of marriage equality in New Hampshire because the civil unions that bill would create would “legalize incest.”
- Former NFL Commissioner Paul J. Tagliabue has donated $1 million to Georgetown University to support campus life for LGBTQ students.
- Watch the National Center for Transgender Equality’s Mara Keisling defend transgender girl scouts on Fox News.