"The Morning Pride: November 21, 2011"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s 8:45 AM round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- If you missed this Saturday’s presidential “Thanksgiving Family Forum” hosted by The FAMiLY LEADER, here are some highlights:
- Santorum: “Our country will fall” as a result of same-sex marriage.
- Gingrich: Occupy Wall Street should “go get a job right after you take a bath.”
- Gingrich: Secularism is responsible for “all the problems we have.”
- Bachman: Health reform will allow Planned Parenthood to perform “chemical abortion.”
- Cain: “I would lead the charge to overturn the Supreme Court if they overturned DOMA.”
- Bachmann: George Washington added “so help me God” to the presidential oath (except he probably didn’t).
- The gay soldier who was booed at a September Republican presidential debate has spoken out about watching those events unfold.
- Truth Wins Out reports from The Call Detroit, a dominionist Christian prayer gathering.
- Whitemarsh, PA has become the 24th Pennsylvania municipality to create LGBT non-discrimination protections.
- A group from Occupy Springfield (MA) protested anti-gay activist Scott Lively.
- The conservative Florida Family Council is pushing the limits on political advocacy.
- The Devotion Project has a touching look at the meaningful relationships of same-sex couples.
- Both National Public Radio and PBS’s In The Life take a look at the big problem of LGBT youth homelessness: