Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s 8:45 AM round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- A new overdramatic propaganda film from ParentalRights.org called “Overruled” completely misconstrues classroom conversations about diverse families in Massachusetts.
- Vermont has sworn in the first openly gay member of its Supreme Court, advocate Beth Robinson.
- Infographic: Words that are transphobic and why.
- The Nigerian Senate has passed a bill that would punish same-sex couples who marry and anyone who witnesses or assists in that marriage.
- Activist Frank Mugisha describes what it’s currently like for gays in Uganda and reaches out to African Americans for assistance.
- The HIV infection rate in the UK has hit a record high, with one in 20 gay men living with the virus.
- The North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance has settled a case and decided to open teams to an unlimited number of bisexual and transgender people.
- Staff and students at The University of Liverpool explain what “gay” really means: