Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s 8:45 AM round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– The National Organization for Marriage is hitting Ron Paul with attack ads and a “Wrong On Marriage” website, but 20 percent of Iowa Republican caucus-goers say social issues aren’t important to them.
– A new poll shows that 60 percent of independent voters in California support marriage equality.
– Catholic Church leaders are complaining again that they are the victims when they insist on discriminating against the gay community, but John Aravosis and Hemant Mehta explain why they warrant no sympathy.
– Breast implants save the lives of transgender people.
– WATCH: Matt Baume looks back at the year in marriage equality: