"The Morning Pride: December 30, 2011"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s 8:45 AM round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– The top ten lies the black church tells about being gay.
– A select group of same-sex couples in Delaware will be able to obtain their civil unions New Year’s Day.
– LGBT elders continue to face severe challenges finding welcoming housing.
– Barnes & Noble has pulled the offensive “sissy” calendar from its stores, but Amazon.com continues to sell it.
– Marriage equality is coming to Cancun.
– Mara Keisling offers 14 reasons 2011 was a great year for transgender people.
– Salon highlights the coming out stories of LGBT youth of color.
– Out Magazine showcases 23 same-sex love stories in a photo slideshow.
– WATCH: Teenagers react to Rick Perry’s “Strong” ad: