"The Morning Pride: January 18, 2012"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s 8:45 AM round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– A group of religious leaders continues to call marriage equality a violation of their “religious freedom.”
– Mormon Church leaders in Minnesota all read a statement to members supporting the marriage discrimination statement.
– Why gay parents may be the best parents.
– Elmhurst College has found that asking prospective students about their sexual orientation and gender identity has been successful, with about 5 percent of applicants self-identifying as LGBT.
– The ACLU has some important tips for adjusting Facebook privacy settings.
– Uganda’s ambassador to the United States claims the “kill the gays” bill is “not being reconsidered,” citing only one member of Parliament pursuing the bill.
– Watch the official trailer for “8,” Dustin Lance Black’s play about the Proposition 8 trial.
– Rosie O’Donnell talked to Piers Morgan last night about the pervasive anti-gay rhetoric among Republican presidential candidates: