Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s 8:45 AM round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but let us know what you’re checking out as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Rick Santorum reiterated yesterday he opposes civil unions too.
- Former Sen. Alan Simpson (R-WY) called Santorum “homophobic,” chastising him for wanting to nullify the marriages of all same-sex couples.
- After six months with civil unions in Rhode Island, only 46 couples have obtained them.
- Common Cause has filed two complaints alleging that Minnesota for Marriage has failed to comply with the state’s campaign finance laws.
- Dallas County Judge Tonya Parker, an out lesbian, refuses to perform marriage ceremonies in her courtroom until she herself is allowed to marry.
- The Key West City Commission voted unanimously last night on an Equal Benefits Ordinance, which will require the city’s vendors to offer domestic partnership benefits to employees.
- Ten members of Congress have posed for the NOH8 campaign.
- Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf said she will not sign a proposed anti-gay bill.
- Conan O’Brien reveals some of the Girl Scouts’ scandalous new cookies: