Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Speaker Boehner and the House Republicans may soon intervene to defend the Defense of Marriage Act in a lawsuit from gay servicemembers seeking partner benefits.
– At the White House’s conference on LGBT homelessness Friday, HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan highlighted the mistreatment of transgender individuals seeking shelter.
– Check out some of Rush Limbaugh’s worst attacks on the LGBT community.
– The marriage equality opponents at Vote for Marriage NC don’t have real North Carolina families to feature, preferring stock photos instead.
– One of Rep. Michele Bachmann’s (R-MN) former presidential campaign staffers is now advocating for Minnesota’s marriage inequality amendment.
– Will George Takei do anything to fight anti-LGBT measures in Tennessee besides making funny videos?
– The Pennsylvania House State Government Committee will consider a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage this week.
– South Bend, Indiana will reconsider adding sexual orientation and gender identity to its nondiscrimination ordinance.
– Pat Robertson’s advice to a marrying lesbian’s sister: don’t be a bridesmaid, don’t even attend the wedding, and “tough luck” if that decision creates a rift.
– The governor of St. Petersburg, Russia has signed into law the bill that punishes anybody who distributes information (“propaganda”) about homosexuality.
– In Iraq, Shiite death squads are killing gays and “emos” — those who wear Western-style fashion and hairstyles.
– NPR shares the story of a family that stuck together as their mom transitioned to being a man.
– GCB introduces the concept of a “white marriage.”
– Responding to Kirk Cameron’s condemnation of homosexuality, the Huffington Post highlights 13 things the Bible forbids other than homosexuality.
– Watch: A father gets a “Born This Way” tattoo to support his bisexual son: