Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- In case you missed it: President Obama will not be protecting the LGBT employees of federal contractors with an executive order any time soon.
- Los Angeles Mayor Anotnio Villaraigosa seems to be reclaiming “family values” and “fundamental liberty” as language about equality.
- A transgender woman in Virginia is collecting signatures to challenge requirements that trans people show proof of gender reassignment surgery to get driver’s licenses.
- St. Louis is helping support equal access to housing for its LGBT seniors.
- Canada’s Parliament is again considering non-discrimination protections for the transgender community.
- Activists in St. Petersburg, Russia “will not be silenced.”
- North Carolina artists are speaking out against Amendment One.
- Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman are HRC’s latest Americans for Marriage Equality: