"The Morning Pride: April 18, 2012"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- The president of the NAACP’s North Carolina chapter, Rev. William Barber, came out boldly against Amendment One, describing the measure as “writing hatred and discrimination into the constitution.”
- Mecklenburg County has delayed taking action on a resolution opposing Amendment One due to the absence of two commissioners at last night’s board meeting.
- Openly gay Pennsylvania House candidate Brian Sims has been targeted with a viciously deceitful attack ad by his opponent.
- The National Organization for Marriage’s Dump Starbucks campaign is a flop overseas as well.
- Two new ads from Protect NC Families and the Campaign for Southern Equality call for protecting same-sex couples in the South: