Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– A New Jersey transgender woman has reached a settlement with her insurance company after the provider refused to cover the costs of her mammogram.
– WRAL-TV in Raleigh put together a 21-minute documentary about North Carolina’s discriminatory Amendment One, but couldn’t find a CEO to go on record in favor of it.
– Protect All NC Families has released two new ads attacking Amendment One for how it could impact domestic violence protections.
– Two teens from Concord, NC organized a small rally against Amendment One this weekend.
– Iowa legislators are considering creating a statewide bullying-specific hotline.
– The first-ever same-sex marriage proposal on a military base took place last week.
– The Pope has called for a Catholic alliance with Muslim and Jewish groups to oppose same-sex marriage.
– A Canadian court has ruled that a separated lesbian couple must split custody of the leftover sperm they have in the sperm bank.
– Iran has executed a young man described as a “gangster” for alleged same-sex activity.
– Groups supporting and opposing marriage equality have launched new campaigns in Scotland.
– The President of The Gambia doubled down on his anti-gay comments last week, saying, “We will rather eat grass than accept this ungodly evil attitude that is anti-God, anti-human, and anti-creation.”
– Check out this new infographic about global recognition of LGBT rights.
– A new study finds that analytical thinking reduces religious belief.
– Iowan Zach Wahls continued his media tour about his two moms with a recent appearance on the Piers Morgan Show: