Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Opponents of Maryland’s new marriage equality law have collected more than half the signatures they need to challenge it on the November ballot.
- A California judge was “heartbroken” that a prosecutor would discriminate against jurors for their sexual orientation.
- A gay Indiana high school student faces expulsion for carrying a stun gun to protect himself from bullies who threw rocks at him.
- An Ohio student-teacher was fired for being transgender, a likely violation of federal law.
- A new law in the UK will allow men who were prosecuted for having consensual gay sex to have their criminal records wiped.
- A same-sex couple is featured in new tourism ads for the U.S. running in the UK, Japan, and Canada.
- Actor Stnaley Tucci is HRC’s latest American for Marriage Equality.
- Surprise! The group Catholics in Media Associates has given the show Modern Family an award for best television program.