Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Several top donors may be withholding funds from the Obama campaign because of the President’s refusal to sign an executive order protecting LGBT employees of federal contractors.
- Over 10,000 have signed a petition condemning the sermon by Pastor Sean Harris promoting violence against gender non-conforming children.
- Lincoln, Nebraska held nearly seven hours of hearings yesterday about a proposed LGBT nondiscrimination ordinance.
- PHOTOS: Catholics hold a “rosary march” in favor of Minnesota’s marriage inequality amendment.
- Just after speaking at a Global LGBT Summit, Israeli Ambassador Michael Oren will now appear with notoriously homophobic pastor John Hagee.
- UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay speaks out against homophobia and transphobia.
- ABC’s What Would You Do? documents how restaurant customers respond to a transphobic customer: