Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Yesterday’s New York Times editorial applauded how the “pseudotheory” of ex-gay therapy is languishing, saying “it should have been rejected long ago.”
- An Oregon man has filed a complaint against a therapist who offered him ex-gay therapy without his consent.
- Apparently North Carolina pastor Charles Worley has preached against “queers and lesbians” for the past two Sundays.
- Many Indian American leaders have applauded President Obama’s position on marriage equality.
- A pair of gay penguins at the Madrid Zoo are eager to raise a chick together.
- Adam Lambert has become the first openly gay artist to top the Billboard albums chart.
- The Big Bang Theory‘s Jim Parsons hasn’t been overly discreet about his identity, but he officially came out in a New York Times interview this week.
- Jack Antonoff of the band fun. (“We Are Young”) is HRC’s latest American for Marriage Equality.
- Watch the touching reunion between Navy veteran Lee and his boyfriend Trent, who’d been out to sea for many months: