Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Why do media outlets like the AP invite “dima-a-dozen bigots” to comment on LGBT stories they have nothing to do with?
- California’s Missiongathering Christian Church has posted a billboard apologizing to North Carolinians for the passage of Amendment One.
- Police have been unresponsive to an Arizona gay couple with four children whose home been terrorized with anti-gay vandalism.
- A trans teen narrowly missed out on reaching the finals of the Miss England pageant.
- Openly gay British MP Nick Herbert doesn’t understand when equality was dropped as a priority of the government.
- A group of straight Mormons known as “Mormons Building Bridges” will march in Salt Lake City’s Gay Pride parade this weekend to “reach out with love and understanding to the LGBT community.”