Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- It’s official: the Green Lantern in the Earth 2 universe is gay.
- The White House says that ExxonMobil’s rejection of LGBT employment protections is no incentive for the President to reconsider an executive order instituting them for all federal contractors.
- The National Organization for Marriage’s bottomless wallet is shaping the marriage equality debate in Maryland with wedges galore.
- A California bill would ensure clergy never have to perform same-sex marriage against their religious beliefs, though Proposition 8 is still the law of the land.
- Civil rights are vital to transgender health.
- Truly sincere anti-gay rhetoric is off-putting to anybody who knows a gay person (which is probably why gay blogs often highlight it).
- Fox News’ Todd Starnes reacted to yesterday’s court ruling against the Defense of Marriage Act by comparing same-sex marriage to marrying a pet.
- Check out this new ad from SOCRUSH, aimed at helping the LGBT community stop smoking: