Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– The Advocate profiles some of the openly gay, lesbian, and bisexual candidates running for office this year.
– A new Change.org petition is calling on Best Buy to come out against Minnesota’s marriage inequality amendment.
– The Seattle Metro Chamber of Commerce has joined the campaign to approve Washington’s Referendum 74 upholding the state’s same-sex marriage law.
– The AFL-CIO, National Education Association, and Change to Win filed an amicus brief calling for the Defense of Marriage Act to be overturned.
– A new class of U.S. Navy carriers will have gender-neutral bathrooms for the first time.
– Glee‘s Chris Colfer shared recently that he was bullied in school “every day” for being gay, including being called “faggot,” and having things taped to his back.