Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- A bi-national same-sex couple has filed a new lawsuit challenging the Defense of Marriage Act to avoid separation or relocation to the Philippines.
- Carl Siciliano, founder of the Ali Forney Center for LGBT youth homelessness, is officially a White House “Champion of Change.”
- Meet Kevin Loosterman, a former Mormon bishop who came out as an LGBT ally after watching Queer Eye For The Straight Guy.
- Anti-gay zealot Scott Lively, who believes the Nazi party was part of the “gay agenda,” is campaigning against a non-discrimination ordinance in Springfield, Missouri, comparing the protections to the chicken pox.
- Jamaica’s outgoing assistant police commissioner blamed the gay community for the violence it suffers in the very homophobic country.
- Target stores have begun selling greeting cards for same-sex weddings.
- What happened after Dean Ostrum’s wife and kids realized he was gay: