Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Unsurprisingly, the Catholic Conference of Illinois is seeking to involve itself in defending the state’s ban on same-sex marriage.
- The Washington Post highlights the strides the Episcopal Church is making to support the transgender community.
- The Terrence Higgins Trust has launched a new “Gay Man’s Guide To Condoms.”
- Last year, the number of same-sex couples entering civil partnerships in the UK increased by 6.4 percent.
- Chris Brown has attempted to walk back his homophobic reaction to Frank Ocean’s coming out.
- CBS’s Big Brother recently demonstrated the positive impact of simply getting to know someone who is LGBT.
- An Ohio teen whose bullying was captured on video has joined with his mother to tell groups across the state their story. Watch it: