Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Celebrated writer Gore Vidal has died at age 86.
- Supporters of California’s discriminatory Proposition 8 have appealed their case to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Are these North Carolina Wendy’s franchises opposed to equality or are they just trying to retain some customers on Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day?
- New Hampshire’s only Chick-fil-A franchise is standing against its corporate leadership and co-sponsoring the state’s LGBT Pride Fest this year.
- Argentina has registered its first pair of gay dads.
- Italy’s Democratic Party has come out in support of recognizing same-sex marriage.
- Police in Lebanon conducted anal probes on 36 men arrested at a gay porn cinema to “determine” who had engaged in anal sex as “proof” of who is gay.
- Meet Karen Hultzer, Olympic Archer from South Africa, who has come out as a lesbian.