Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
Note: There is a ton yet to be said about Chick-fil-A. It is not in this morning briefing.
- House Republicans have vowed to keep spending taxpayer money to defend the discriminatory Defense of Marriage Act.
- A judge in Hennepin County, Minnesota ruled yesterday that same-sex partners are not prohibited from inheriting each other’s assets under the state’s ban on same-sex marriage.
- A group of teenagers in Missouri beat up a lesbian woman who lived down the street.
- Northern Cyprus is the last place in the Council of Europe where homosexuality is a crime, but that soon may change.
- Meet a Staten Island gay couple celebrating 40 years together.
- In The Life dedicates its latest feature to what it means to be “Married But Not Equal.” Watch the full episode: