Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- A Seattle woman has filed a complaint against the Washington campaigns against same-sex marriage for not properly disclosing their fundraising.
- Black pastor front man Bill Owens compared President Obama’s support of marriage equality to white supremacy.
- A crowd at a gay night club in Salt Lake City was bombarded with flaming projectiles.
- Transgender activists in Washington, DC are demanding more support from the city in the wake of a string of violent crimes.
- Philadelphia’s School Reform Commission has added protections for gender non-conforming identities in the dress code/uniform policy.
- Hackers crashed 73 websites in Sudan, protesting the country’s capital punishment for homosexuality.
- China is going to hold its first AIDS Walk in October along the Great Wall.
- Meet a New Jersey gay couple celebrating over half a century together.
- Ellen DeGeneres and Poria de Rossi are celebrating their fourth wedding anniversary this week.