"The Morning Pride: August 21, 2012"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Michelangelo Signorile has challenged Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council to an open debate about “hate.”
- Nebraska Senate candidate Bob Kerrey (D) doesn’t hesitate to vocalize his support for marriage equality.
- New York Magazine takes a look at people who identify as genderqueer, who now are using terms like “agender” and “gender neutrois” to describe life outside the gender binary.
- An Ohio pastor believes his church was targeted for arson because of the congregation’s support for LGBT people.
- Human rights activists across Africa are condemning a “Gay Hate Day” to be held today in Cameroon.
- New Zealand’s Minister of Justice, Judith Collins, has come out in favor of marriage equality, despite once voting against civil union legislation.