Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- During his speech at the Republican National Convention, Rick Santorum reminded that he still opposes the “assault on marriage.”
– Openly bisexual Congressional candidate Kyrsten Sinema won her Democratic primary last night in Arizona.
– Marine Commandant Gen. James Amos, who originally opposed repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, said yesterday that he has seen no problems in the year since it the law was lifted.
– Young Conservatives and the Log Cabin Republicans have taken out a full-page ad today in the Tampa Tribune calling for marriage equality.
– A Northern Irish politician has resigned after comparing gay sex to bestiality.
– DC United has become the first Major League Soccer team to join the You Can Play Project, calling for the end of homophobia in bullying: