Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Romney couldn’t finish his speech last night without reminding that he would “honor the institution of marriage.”
- Billionaire David Koch reminded that despite his support for conservatives, he has some socially liberal positions, including support for marriage equality.
- As expected, the California Senate quickly reapproved the ban on ex-gay therapy for minors, which now awaits Gov. Jerry Brown’s (D) signature.
- The California Senate also approved a bill guaranteeing single women and women in same-sex relationships access to fertility services.
- Who was the college student in the car with Bishop Salvatore Cordileone when he was arrested for drunk driving?
- When Ann Romney said Modern Family was her favorite show, not only did show co-creator Steve Levitan offer to let her guest star as the officiant for Cam and Mitch’s wedding, but Ellen Degeneres offered to play her “roommate.”
- Today’s editorial cartoon in the Dallas Voice pokes fun at the extreme views of the GOP platform: